TERMS & CONDITIONS
Booking Terms and Conditions including Refund Policy (updated May 2023) applicable to services provided by The Search Surf School.
By booking and participating in services provided by The Search Surf School (here within referred to as The Search), you and any other persons involved in booking and participation (here within referred to as: the client/clients) agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
• When booking services via the website, phone or email, full payment is required by The Search at that time to secure the booking. Bookings are not confirmed until full payment is received. Some exceptions may be made, at the managers discretion only.
Cancelations & Changes to bookings
• Surf Lesson times are occasionally subject to change by The Search, depending upon tides and sea conditions. Any changes will be notified in advance via email, phone or text message.
• Bookings may be subject to cancellation by The Search due to flat or extreme conditions (please refer to Flat and Extreme Conditions policy below).
• The Search requires 14 days notice for any changes to bookings. This includes change of date, time or number participants. Changes within 14 days notice may not be accommodated.
• Should the client cancel services booked with The Search, the refund policy is as follows:
- Bookings cancelled before 7 days prior to booking, or 7 days prior to booking = full refund
- Bookings cancelled before 24 hours prior to booking, but within 7 days prior to booking = 50% refund
- Bookings cancelled within the 24hrs prior to the booking = no refund
- Should the client fail to attend booking without prior cancellation = no refund
• Should the clients fail to attend at the agreed upon time, The Search will hold the booking for up to 30 minutes after the agreed upon meeting time, after which the booking is forfeit and no refund will be given.
• Should the clients arrive later than the agreed upon meeting time, but no later than 30 minutes, the booking will be considered to have started at the pre-planned starting time, not when the clients are ready to begin.
• The clients understand that they are responsible for arriving at the agreed upon meeting time.
• The Search reserves the rights to affect these policies based upon unique circumstances, however the Manager’s decision is final.
• Cancellations by the search due to illness, injury or personal circumstance will be communicated in advance. Re-bookings, vouchers or refunds will be offered in accordance with the flat or extreme conditions policy.
• Waiver forms and Participant Activity Readiness Questionnaires must be filled in and completed by the clients prior to participation in services provided by The Search. Refusal or failure to complete waiver forms may result in innability to participate in services. Refunds may or may not be given at the managers discretion.
• The client confirms that they are 18 years or older. For persons younger than 18, permission must be granted by a parent or guardian. Waivers and PARQ’s must be signed by a parent or guardian.
• Participants must be at least 8 years old and be able to swim at least 50 meters unaided to participate in surf lessons. Due to the physicality of the sport of surfing, participants between the ages of 8-12 should be accompanied by a parent or guardian unless otherwise stated by the head coach/manager. We can provide wetsuits for parents/guardians who are not actively participating in surfing lessons but are entering the water with a child.
• During services, The Search may take photo’s/videos for promotional use. These may be posted on social media or websites operated by The Search. Please make The Search aware if the clients wish to opt out of having photo’s or videos taken whilst participating in services by The Search.
• Should a participant request transport to or from locations, they do so at their own risk. The Search Surf School, or any operatives thereof, cannot be held responsible for any injuries, damages, loss of possession or life whilst being transported to or from lessons.
• The Search reserves the right to refuse participation to any clients who:
- Behave innapropriatly (rudely, threateningly or abusively) toward any persons operating for The Search, other clients of The Search, or members of the general public.
- Act in a way which is considered to cause risk of injury to themselves, persons operating for The Search, other clients, or members of the general public. This includes refusing to listen to instructors requests and instruction.
- Are suspected to be under the influence of drugs or alchohol. Taking part in services provided by The Search whilst under the influence of drugs or alchohol is strictly phorbidden.
Refusal to provide services for the reasons listed above will result in cancellation of the booking with no refund being offered to the clients.
• The Search Surf School assume no liability with respect to personal injury, loss, damage or third party claims which occur through no fault of their own or their instructors, and cannot accept responsibility for any of the reasons cited above that a person may incur whilst participating in any of the activities unless The Search can be proven negligent.
• By booking and participating in services supplied by The Search, the client agrees to the following:
- I accept that I participate at my own risk and I confirm that I have my own insurance to cover any such injury, loss or damage or have chosen not to take out such insurance despite my I understanding that this is my responsibility.
- I have declared any medical conditions (e.g. asthma, epilepsy etc.) or any other special needs that may affect mine or others’ safety whilst participating and accept that The Search does not accept any responsibility for any incident or injury caused by conditions not disclosed.
- I will not be permitted to consume alcohol or drugs prior to or during surf lessons or other services. The Search Staff reserve the right to refuse participation to anyone considered to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- I agree to allow The Search Surf School to use photographs taken of me (the client) during services, taken by them or any nominated third party, for their promotional purposes.
- I agree to abide by all decisions and adhere to all instructions that The Search Surf School staff and instructors make whilst under their supervision.
- The Search Surf School staff may require any participant to leave the surf lesson without compensation if that person acts in such a manner as to endanger him/herself or any other user, staff member or member of the general public.
• The prices printed on the website or on other media are valid at the time of publication. The Search Surf School reserve the right to increase or reduce any of the prices any time after publication. Any changes will be made clear at the time of booking.
Flat & Extreme Condition Policy
• At The Search we endeavor to give all our students a first-class surfing experience, however due to external factors we occasionally have to assess whether the conditions are suitable/safe to run a surfing lesson. We will always seek the advice of the RNLI Lifeguards (if available) when deciding whether to cancel a lesson.
• Should the conditions at the beach be such that it is too small to operate a lesson, then the conditions will be assessed at a different Beach. If this is also too small, then the refund policy will be applied.
• The size of the waves will be judged by the Head coach and they will decide whether the size is suitable for a lesson, considering the following factors:
- Is the wave big enough to propel a surf board forward?
- Is the length of ride long enough to allow standing up to the level of surfing to be taught?
- These factors may be effected by the height and weight of the clients and the ability of the clients.
• In the situation of extreme weather condition, the head coach will assess whether it is safe and practical to operate a lesson considering the following factors:
- Are the lifeguards operational with flagged surf and swim zones in effect?
- Is the beach “red flagged”? (a red flagged beach will result in automatic cancellation. Refer to Refund and Cancellation Policy outlined below)
- Is the wind direction / swell size such to cause danger (i.e. large dangerous waves, strong off shore winds)
- What is the experience and physical ability of the clients (i.e. beginners or more advanced surfers?)
Refund & Cancellation Policy (due to flat or extreme conditions)
• In case of lesson cancellation due to adverse weather conditions or flat surf, the clients will be offered a re-booking at a later suitable date.
• If a later date is not possible, the clients will be offered a voucher for the full value of the services to be redeemed at a later date. (Refer to voucher policy outlined below)
• Full cash refunds are available in instances of cancellation by The Search due to flat and extreme conditions only.
• Cancellation due to extreme conditions is the decision of the manager/head coach of The Search only.
• Permission is given for participant’s contact details to be entered into the The Search Surf School database and held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. This information will not be forwarded to third parties
• Vouchers may be purchased and are redeemable for any service provided by the search. Vouchers are redeemable for one year from the date of purchase. Vouchers may not be used in conjunction with any other discount or offer.
Fitness programs & membership services
• Initial payment will decide billing date. Should the client sign up and make initial payment on the 10th of the month, then subsequent monthly payments will be made on the 10th of each month.
• Payments must be made prior to receiving programming for the commencing month. If no payment is received The Search reserves the right to withhold services until payment is received. (No discount or refund is available for services withheld due to late payment).
• 30 days notice must be given when cancelling membership services. Any scheduled payments within those 30 days must be completed.
• The Search has no obligation to test or assess the client to determine their physical condition. Should assessments take place whilst training with The Search, they are for the sole purpose of tracking the clients performance and progress, and not for diagnostic purposes.
• The client understands that physical exercise can in extreme cases cause injury, damage or death.
• The client takes responsibility for their own health and safety whilst taking part in The Search exercise programs and services. The client is liable for any injury, damage to property, or death which may occur.
• Any and all risk incurred by partaking in an exercise program is the clients own at all times. The client is responsible for ensuring the use of correct form when following training programs written by The Search.
• The Search can not be held responsible for any injuries, physical impact, or damages to the client or the clients property, or be subject to any claim arising from such instances.